Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

First Post/ How To Express Jealously


Hello viewers. As you see this is my first blog post. This is very exciting! I get to help everyone and share my knowledge! 

A difficulty many will have is expressing jealously. You want to show not tell: Sabrina was jealous. BORING! If you look up online "How to express jealously?" you won't find much. That's why I'm here to help! 
What do people do when they are jealous? What might your character do? It depends on the person. But here is a list and examples of what people may do:


  • When most people are jealous the express anger so you can show this by making the character narrow their eyes.
  • A person may also seem nonchalant about something. Example: "OMG! I can't believe Chelsie the has the new signature purse from Maze!" Kylie exclaimed.                                  I shrugged. "I don't care."   Kylie looked at me in shock. "What are talking about?! Elisabeth you've been wanting that purse for months! And you kept saying that you would get that purse before Chelsie!"  I clenched up my fist and glared at Chelsie. "Well I guess she got the purse first. No biggie."
  • A lot of people do this, including me! Mocking someone. When you mock somebody it could be a sign that someone is jealous. For example: If your friend said, "I can't believe I got a new puppy!" Behind her/his back the character may roll your eyes and say, "I can't believe I got a new puppy." I do this most of the time when my friends/family got something I wanted.
  • The character may want to do something they've never though of doing. The person may want to punch your best friend in face for getting a PS4 or even want to destroy or steal the PS4.
  • The person who is often nice to someone may suddenly become mad or hate him/her for no apparent reason. They would exclude that person from something or ignore him/her. They may be disappearing or shying away. Or maybe even put her/him down.
  • They may spy on him/her. Checking his/her emails, phone log, text messages, check who he/she are following on social media, etc. If your character possess spying skills or is jealous they may do this.
  • When you are questioning someone (A LOT) this may be a sign. For example: your cousin who lives with you got a new pair of Nikes or Converse. You may ask, "Where did you get does shoes? ...How much did it cost?" and whatnot. 
  • He/she may lack encouragement or not congratulate their friend, siblings, and whatnot. They may also make excuses for your success or don't give whoever credit for something. For example: Your sister is a a champion when it comes to soccer. She just scored the winning goal.  Instead of going up to and say, "You were awesome today! Great job!" you say, "You guys were lucky today. That's was a lucky shot." The sister may be like, What's wrong with him. 
  • They person may also insult someone, call that person names, or spread rumors. They are jeering, and sneering, or exchanging glares and scowls at that certain person.


*But anger could also be expressed through anger, and is often a direct sign of jealousy so anger actions could work. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment